More

We are all meant for a better life than this
We are all deserving of greatness
We should however be thankful for what we have
Grateful even to have so much
Though we are not

We are richer than we know
We have more than we need
Yet none have truly understood
But those who no longer need
Though money be tight
And time too short
Life itself is as plentiful as anything
Full of wonder and magic
Not just tears and pain
A child's cry of laughter
A sunset on the hills
Even painted cows in the fields
The magic and richness of life surrounds us
But through our despair we do not see
We no longer lie in the grass like children
Seeing shapes in the clouds
We no longer dream of what we'll be when we grow up
Of sight and sounds and smells
Of places far away
We no longer take delight in a simple daisy chain
But we should, you should, I still do
Though I am grown now
I still feel like a child
There is so much to see and hear and smell
And I delight in all
Even the cows in the field
Each new day brings something new and wonderful
And I shall be here to wonder at the richness of life
And the joy of living with not without
Why don't you open your eyes one day and join me
I'll be the one lying on the grass looking at the shapes in the clouds

No comments:

Search My Blogs