The Eagle She Soars

A wisp in the mist
A shadow in the moonlight
Spreading her wings
Lifting up into the sky
Lighter than air
Clearer than sunlight
But solid as earth

She carries herself as only she can
A dreamer with hopes to spare
A worker with dreams to share
Tall and proud she walks with me
Straight as the breeze in the willows
She tells me of wonders above the clouds
And promises to show me one day
I know who she is
Yet I don't know her name
She is beauty and peace
Hope for us she brings
As she reaches for the sky
She looks down at me
And sings her love for life
Her hopes for a brighter day
She soars higher and higher
Racing the wind
To settle on her nest at the highest peak
On the tallest mountain
The eagle watches her world spread out below
And waits for her young to emerge from their shells
While her mate searches for the next meal
To tide her over till the next time comes
When she can come down and tell me
Of life above the clouds

No comments:

Search My Blogs