A Dollar A Heart

If I had a dollar
For every broken heart I've seen
I would have a fortune
For my own
Every time he comes to me
He breaks my heart
Then he leaves
I'm left alone
To pick up the pieces
But somehow I always miss some
And my heart is never completed
I have to carry on
To go it alone
Sometimes I watch you
When you sleep
I pray for you
My heart to keep
Then dawns first light breaks
I watch as you slowly waken
I see you dress and brush your hair
And then you leave
Without a care
You smile and you kiss my face
Open the door and walk outside
Stepping with a certain grace
Each time you walk out of my life
I know it is for good
But you return each time
My heart resumes it's beating
A little less than before
Still it keeps on healing
Until my life is no more
You come and go
You never stay
You break my heart and walk away
If only I had a dollar
For each time you break my heart

No comments:

Search My Blogs