Are You Coming Home?

All I ever wanted
Was to feel like I mattered
All I ever needed
Was your arms around me
You came into my life
When I felt so alone
You gave me so much hope
Now you take it all away

My life I give to you
My heart for no one else
My dreams I build around you
My future I share with you
I never want to lose you
My heart torn apart
I don’t think I could stand it
If we were to fall apart

I need to know you love me
I need to know you care
I feel it when you look at me
But now I feel like I’m not even there
Can you understand me
When I say I need to know
Can you see the reason
I feel you don’t

Is this still our beginning
Is this the beginning of the end
I love you like no other
Can this break ever mend
I come home just to be with you
To live the life we chose
Do you come here just to spend the nights
But don’t see this as your home

Did you really fall in love
Or was it just a fling
An affair that has become too much
Is this the real thing
Can you tell me honestly
You don’t want to leave
Can you make the changes
To make a life with me

I don’t feel like I matter
I don’t feel like it’s real
I’m never sure when you leave
If you’re coming home to me
Who would tell me if you aren’t
If I lost you on the way
I’m not the one they’d come to
To tell me of your fate

Does it even matter
If I’m left on my own
Who would I turn to
When you don’t come home
Who would I ask
If you were beyond late
The wife you say you left
Or would I just have to wait

There is no one to turn to
You are all I have
There is no one to ask
I’m all alone but for you
It’s time to make a choice
Our life or your own
It’s time to choose the past or now
When you come back
Are you coming home?

No comments:

Search My Blogs