Throughout The Years

It's time to walk away
To say one last goodbye
I know what we had was wrong
But you brought peace into my life

You kiss me and you brush my cheek
Hold me close one last time
You ask me in a broken voice
Just for one last smile

You told me you were falling in love
I asked you "please don't do it"
I couldn't tell you when you asked me too
That I felt the same as you did

A little piece of my heart has gone
Taken away by you
But the happiness you brought to my life
Will always remain true

It's time to walk away
To wipe away the tears
I know I had no right to you
But you'll be with me through the years

You showed me how to laugh
At nothing at all that mattered
You shared with me your special place
Now my heart is a little broken and battered

Don't cry for us
I'll shed no more tears
Just smile when you think of me
As I will enjoy the memories of us throughout the years

No comments:

Search My Blogs