Take Me As You Are

When I see the chance
I take it
Damn the consequence
When I want a moment
I make it
No time for lament
Look inside
See who you are
Look at the shadow you leave
Who can you see
When you look too close
Try to understand yourself
Take what you need
Be who you have to be
Do just what you need

Did you look at the whole of you
Did you see the truth
Are you happy with who you are
Can you accept who you see

When I want to take the time
It's mine for the taking
When I need to keep myself whole
No one can break me
I take what I need
I give what I want
Do you know what that means
Do you live like me
Are you a shadow of the past
Are you a piece of the whole
Can you be happy with you
Can you take it all

Did you see what I saw
In the darkness of the night
Did you take what I gave
Did you keep only to yourself

Is there someone inside
You don't think you like
Is there another you
Someone you need to hide
Can you look at yourself
See who you are
Accept the shadows within yourself
As part of the truth you live
Did you let go
Of the time you can't accept
Can you let the past lie
Can you let yourself rest

Do you need to face the past
To see the future you
Do you need to look beyond now
To know the real truth

Are you free to feel
To live as you choose
Are you happy now
Are you really doing what you want to do
Let it go
Live for now
Face the past another day
Life is waiting for you
Give in give up
Be free to trust
Let go let be
The pain you carry inside
Just be you be me
And let it be now

See feel know trust
Life is waiting on you
Go stay be now
Do what you have to do

I have the time
I have the pain
I am the shadow
I am the same
Living in the now
Carrying the past
Taking every moment
Giving no trust
It's the way I know
It's the only truth
I can't change what I am
I can't change who

I gave what I could spare
Nothing much I could do
I keep all that I am
I know no other truth

Existing more than living
Being nothing more
Taking nothing given
Giving nothing

Just another night
A long list of them
A moment lost to time
More lovers than friends
Alone once again
With thoughts too big to share
I sit in the shadows
And listen to the darkness in my head
What can I say
What can I do
This is the only way
I can live with my truth

Let it go
Not just yet
It's all that keeps me here
Give it up
Don't know how
It's all I know is real

No comments:

Search My Blogs