We Could've Had More

You gave me a thousand promises
You gave me a thousand lies
You told me all the things I wanted to hear
Now you're telling me goodbye

I wish things could've been different
That you could've been a man
All the things we could've had
And now we never can

You took all that I had to give
And now you take everything else
Leave me with nothing but memories
Of times I should've been by myself

If wishes could've had substance
I'dve had the whole world
But like a child living a dream
I fell in love with a fool

For all that's gone wrong
All the anger and pain
For this I have you to thank
The dream child finally awake

Look at the world through rose coloured glasses
That's what I used to do
But you crushed them as you walked away
No more am I blinded to the truth

You gave me a thousand reasons
You gave me a thousand excuses
Why nothing was as it should've been
Now I know it was because of you

Hello, how are you
Didn't I used to know you
Sorry can't stay
I have a life to get back to you

No comments:

Search My Blogs