Inside

I cannot go into your darkness
I know I would not survive
I would never find my way back
You would leave me with no where to hide

I cannot carry your pain
I live with too much of my own
I am not strong enough to hold you
When you tell me you just don't want to go on

Your anger you wear like a banner
Your hate like a weapon in hand
You weld both with deadly precision
And care not who you have damned

I cannot hold you together
When you choose to fall apart
I cannot make it all better
When you want to tear it apart

Life and anger and pain and darkness
Hate and blame and fear
The bitterness you hold on to
The past that is always there

I cannot go into your darkness
The place you choose to dwell
I need too much what I fought for
The light inside of myself

I cannot carry your pain
When my own weighs more than my heart
I need to let go of the burden
Leave it behind in the past

Your darkness, your pain and your fury
Your suitcase of shadows and loss
Too full for you to carry
How much longer and at what cost

No comments:

Search My Blogs